This was my youngest child’s first day of school meal request. Apparently, I make “the world’s best meatloaf”. 🙂 I made half without ketchup on top, since he’s not a ketchup kid.
Herbes de Provence is my secret weapon with poultry. It is a herb blend of thyme, fennel, basil, savory and lavender. The flavor reminds me of Thanksgiving stuffing. It’s also delicious sprinkled on a boneless, skinless chicken breast and baked in the oven.
Note to self: use some garnish when photographing a loaf of meat!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Herbes de Provence, or thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 20 ounces (1 package) of 93/7% ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup