The BBQ has been calling my name, and finally I didn’t need an umbrella to use it!
These kebabs have a very simple marinade. The fresh oregano really gives the chicken and veggies a great flavor. Add in the mint-feta sauce and it is a crazy good dinner!
Even though a mixed skewer of meat and veggies looks great, I’ve had better grilling success when I keep one ingredient on a skewer. That way I don’t overcook one ingredient, while waiting for the others to finish cooking.
I’ve also learned that I have a bad habit of leaving my camera “on” after I download pictures to my computer. I might have to get a spare battery just so I can rotate them after I find the current one drained of all power. So these are from my phone…
Greek Chicken Kebabs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken (I used tenders, but you could also use chicken breasts or thighs), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut crosswise
- 1/2 red onion, quartered lengthwise and layers separated
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves, or 1 tsp. dried
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
In a plastic bag, combine all ingredients. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Thread chicken, zucchini, and onion onto skewers.
Heat grill to medium. and lightly oil the grates (hold a small kitchen towel with tongs, dip into a little vegetable oil, and rub onto grates.
Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Serve with mint-feta sauce.
Using the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder, each serving is 5 WWpts+. This assumes that you the entire marinade, when actually you will have some left over. But I would still count it as 5.
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta (I used Black Sheep Creamery’s fresh Feta)
- 1/2 cup 0% Fage plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Blend feta, yogurt, mint, and vinegar in a food processor until smooth. This entire recipe has 4 WWpts+