I continue my current salad obsession with this quinoa and black bean version. And apparently I am having an obsession with cilantro, lime and cumin, since these are the main flavors (just like the chicken chili I made last night).
Looking for more quinoa recipes? Check out my other posts: Southwestern Chipotle Quinoa Salad and Asian Inspired Quinoa Salad.
Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- zest and juice from 3 limes
- 1 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 red or orange pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- diced jalapeno to taste (i used 1/4 of a pepper)
- one handful cilantro, chopped
In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and salt, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15 minutes (until all liquid is absorbed). Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add quinoa and stir to combine.
1/2 cup=3 WWpts+
Adapted from Kitchen Parade